Saturday, February 13, 2010

Whoo Hoo 2010- The Fresh Market

Holy crap! Really it was October when I did my last blog?
I sorta wish that October would have been the last time ate, then I would be right on track for my diet.

I can't even begin to think about what I should share first so I thought I would start wit The Fresh Market ( yes the grocery store).

I love The Fresh Market ( there is always something in the store that I just have to have). The Fresh Market is located on the corner of 16th and 43rd.

Below is a list of my must try's from Fresh Market:
Spinach artichoke dip- the Spinach artichoke dip is better here than when it is homemade. I like it as a light snack with pita chips or to serve it hot as an appetizer with chips. It is also great on top of a baked potato.

Brownie Pillow Cookies- you can find these delights in the bakery section. The brownie pillow cookies are a sugar cookie with brownie in the middle. These always cheer me up when I'm having a bad day and you can buy them individually so you aren't trapped into buying a dozen and force feeding them to yourself. They also offer different kinds of pillow cookies but I haven't tried them yet.

Yogurt covered pretzels- I'm sure you are thinking really yogurt covered pretzels...but they are so good, and they are just as they sound pretzels dipped in yogurt. I like to use these as a healthier alternative to a candy bars or ice cream.

Fruit- I love the selection of different fruit you can buy at Fresh Market. Although I would suggest you look at the price of the fruit before you get to the cash register otherwise you will ended up spending 8 dollars on 3 apples ( but they were really good apples). They always seem to have something unusual to try.

Rotisserie Chicken salad- this is the best chicken salad I have ever had. It is fresh, has the perfect amount of mayonnaise and has just enough crunch from the almonds, it also has that clean chicken taste. I have also tried the curry chicken salad and it is very good, but you have to be in the mood for curry chicken salad and a little bit goes a long way.

East Meets West All Natural Oriental Blend ( Marinade & dipping sauce)- This marinade is made by Coconut Bay in Palmetto, Fl and is perfect for serving with the fresh spring rolls and steam dumplings in the deli section. I also love it over grilled chicken and jasmine rice.

Chicken Paris- You can find these little pockets of heaven in the meat section. They are a cheese stuffed chicken breast wrapped in puff pastry. All you have to do is bake. These are perfect for when you want something a little special but you do not a have a lot of time to prepare something.

Pre-made sandwiches- they have a wide selection of pre-made sandwiches on the back side of the deli ( right across from the brownie pillow cookies), Joey and I really enjoy the Mozzarella basil sandwich and the rotisserie chicken salad on a croissant roll.

Flowers- they also have a wide selection of beautiful flowers that are prefect to pick up and a spring touch to your table.

Another favorite about Fresh Market is they offer a nice selection of spices. They are packaged perfectly for trying a new spice or for a new recipe.

Twice baked potatoes- these twice baked potatoes are awesome and huge. One twice baked potato is enough for two servings ( even Joey was full with half of a potato). They empty out the potato and then fill the skin with a mixture of mashed potatoes, cheese and seasonings. You then bake the potatoes for about 20 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. Angelique in SacramentoJanuary 28, 2013 at 10:13 PM

    Chicken Paris: SOOO worth the trip to the store! And at my store in Sacramento, they have bourbon salmon steaks that are INCREDIBLE! I really love my local store with the hardwood floors and the wonderful staff. And the produce selection! Where do they find those HUGE Honey Crisp apples? I am finding that I simply must go to that store on a regular basis! Teehee

    Thanks for posting all those wonderful words. I'm drooling!

    ReplyDelete